Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sun n Fun 2009

My good friend David LoPresti met me at the Main Gate and the FUN began at Sun n Fun 2009! After a visit to the LoPresti exhibit and reminiscing with some Grumman owners from Alabama (Bayou La Batre, Grand Bay, Dothan), David and I made it to the flight line.

The warbirds were as impressive as always. And, right there, next to the warbirds ... I found my next airplane! A pristine Grumman Widgeon! OMG! This was a totally restored Widgeon that was NOT for sale. Even if it were, I am not sure my friends would have donated enough funds to make this possible. I would promise FREE trips to the Bahamas for donations to the "Buy a Widgeon Fund". Maybe Jimmy Buffett would help with the first donation, he knows the passion of owning and flying a twin engine seaplane.

The night airshow was awesome. It was my first night show at Sun n Fun and quite a memorable one. The AeroShell team's show was the best! AeroShell team member Gene McNelly was equipped with a LoPresti Boom Beam and what a difference it made. See the photos for proof!



Airshows, beautiful airplanes and good friends. Maybe next year our wives will join us David.

No comments: